Approximately 4 Hours
2000 years ago, Hadrian’s Wall was a frontier, a place where two cultures collided. Your guide will weave a narrative from the Roman and the native perspective.
The Northumberland National Park makes a magnificent backdrop. Your guide will make visible a wealth of archaeology, helping you discover a landscape with multiple layers.
Your guide dressed as a Roman soldier or Celtic warrior providing an in-depth interpretation of this era. The tour will provide an immersive experience as you walk a section of the wall, ‘marching’ in the footsteps of the soldiers along Rome’s Northern Frontier.
After your ‘march’ it is time for a well-earned rest with a lunch break followed by a visiting one of the finest museums on the wall.
• A half day guided tour, in English
• Admission into one of the following museums: Vindolanda, The Roman Army Museum, Housesteads or Chesters
• A leisurely walk along the slopes of the Whin Sill, a geographic feature which the Roman's used to their advantage
• Opportunities to view a Milecastle, exceptionally well-preserved parts of the wall & other archaeological features
• Time for lunch is included in this tour - lunch not included in the tour price
For all bookings of day tours, a minimum of 24 hours' notice prior to your scheduled departure is required in order to receive a full refund. If a cancellation is made with less than 24 hours notice, no refund is given.
For all bookings of multi-day and custom private tours, a minimum of 72 hours' notice prior to your scheduled departure is required in order to receive a full refund. If a cancellation is made with less than 72 hours' notice, no refund is given*
*Note that in the event the client requests a refund for any reason, Tour Desk reserves the right to charge a 3% administration fee to cover costs incurred.
Cancellation and refund requests need to be sent in writing to email@example.com