Belfast Murals Tour
We invite you to explore the streets of the city on both sides of the Peace Wall.
Our guide has had the opportunity to listen to the testimonies of former political prisoners from both communities and their personal stories, transmitting their message and local culture during the tour.
This is a unique opportunity that will allow you to learn details of the facts you will not get in history books about that turbulent period of the Contemporary Age.
Explore closely, on foot, the city's world-famous murals that earn its reputation as the world's largest outdoor art gallery, and understand the stories behind them.
It starts at Divis Street in front of Radio Fáilte.https://goo.gl/maps/QiXEwEHnsDVHwJCd8
Price £12 per person
To begin with, we will learn the story behind the murals of the Falls Road neighborhood and the Republican ideology. We will witness this community's desire to be part of the Republic of Ireland.
In the second part of the tour, we will pass through the gates that form part of the Peace Wall in English. Once we cross, we will be in the neighborhood of Shankill Road, a predominantly Protestant area. You will witness the determination of the locals who wish to remain in the UK and you will have the opportunity to see closely the Wall of Peace, which to this day remains there, physically dividing the two communities.
- Duration: approximately 2 - 2.5 hours.
- Language: Spanish speaking guide.
- Meeting point: Divis Street, Radio Fáilte.
- Price: £12 per person.
- The meeting point for this tour is Divis Street (at the bottom of Falls Road), and the tour ends at Lower Shankill Road, with a total walking distance of 5 km. We do not recommend this tour for children under 14 years. **
- The recent period known as “The Troubles” was a very controversial moment and still remains vivid in the minds and hearts of many people.
- The purpose of this tour is to give the guest an idea of the area, and as men and women gave their lives and freedom for an ideal. The violence experienced during this period resulted in the loss of lives, both of combatants and of innocent people.
- Belfast Free Walking Tour does not endorse any political point of view or the use of violence, nor does it promote any political position.
** Children are allowed under the discretion and responsibility of their parents. Please note that graphical explanations of the violence experienced during that period can be commented on.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|