National Portrait Gallery Tour
The gallery will be closed from mid-2020 to (planned) spring 2023 for a major refurbishment. During this time, parts of the collection will be displayed around the UK in a series of exhibitions and collaborations, with other international loan exhibitions.
This is a three-hour tour with an expert tour guide. Virtually hidden away behind the National Gallery, The National Portrait Gallery (NPG) is an art gallery in London housing a collection of portraits of historically important and famous British people for over four hundred years opening in 1856 where its first acquisition was possibly the oldest portrait of William Shakespeare. Find out more about the people who shaped Britain: meet Henry VIII and discover the fate of each of his six wives and Cardinal Wolsey and Thomas Cromwell, who won and lost power under him. We then visit the court of Queen Elizabeth I, and her favourite men Raleigh and Drake who plundered the Spanish and created England's first colonies.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
What is included
- Hand sanitizers and masks will be available in our vehicles for the best hygiene practice.
- Infant seats unavailable
- Wheelchair accessible
- Upon pickup, please present your confirmation/voucher and photo ID in exchange for your product.
- - Hand sanitizers and masks will be available in our vehicles for the best hygiene practice.
- Airport and cruise port pickups and transfers are also available at extra charge. Please contact us for further information.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pickup time and let the lobby staff know that you are waiting for a tour guide.
- Comfortable shoes are advised
- Wheelchair users must inform our agent whether guest(s) is/are fully dependent on the chair or partly able to walk or move.
- Guests must contact Tourope UK at least 24 hours before your product date to confirm your reservation and arrange transportation. Please use the contact details on your confirmation/voucher.
If you do not require hotel pickup, you can meet the tour guide at Parliament Square. (The nearest tube station is Westminster). Check-in is 30 minutes prior to the booked tour start time, please look out the Statue of Sir Winston Churchill in front of the Houses of Parliament.
Please Note: In case of any daily event or closure in Parliament Square, alternatively, please proceed to The London Eye by crossing the Westminster Bridge. Your tour guide will be waiting for you in front of the main exit gate of the London Eye.