Tate Modern Museum Guided Tour - Semi-Private
Book way in advance - we sell out
- Adult: - €69
- Youth: - €59 (Ages 10 - 17)
- Child: - €49 (9 and under)
- 1.5 - 2 hours
- Meet between the two front doors on the river side, which is the base of the chimney.
- One of the most unique places in London, the Tate Modern is a must-see for any visitor.
- On this 1.5 - 2 hour semi-private tour welcoming up to ten guests, we’ll introduce you to this refurbished 19th century power plant that today houses a world-class collection of modern art.
- You may know names like Picasso and Warhol, and this tour will bring those names alive as you stand before their iconic works.
- This tour is in English.
Semi-Private Museum Tour
""Semi-Private"" Means Group Size Is Never More Than 8 Guests Maximum
Professional Tour Guide
Duration 1.5 - 2 hours
Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
Tour is NOT available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Full Tour Description
One of the most unique places in London, the Tate Modern is a must-see for any visitor. On this 2 to 2.5 hour semi-private guided museum tour welcoming up to 8 guests, we’ll introduce you to this refurbished 19th century power plant that today houses a world-class collection of modern art. You may know names like Picasso and Warhol, and this tour will bring those names alive as you stand before their iconic works.
Experience the best artwork of the 19th and 20th centuries as you follow your guide through the Tate Modern’s many galleries. Discuss Mondrian’s groundbreaking lines and squares that baffled other artists with their simplicity and exactitude. Revisit old favorites like the Spanish-born Picasso and Dali, who created several masterpieces during the Spanish Civil War. Be introduced to the Impressionists through Claude Monet and fast-forward to the abstract-expressionists like Mark Rothko. Spot celebrities like Marilyn Monroe while learning about Andy Warhol’s innovative pop art. Scratch your head while standing around Duchamp’s “Fountain” and debate the merits of art. Be prepared to question everything you thought you knew about art while discovering the marvels of the Tate Modern.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
TOUR IN ENGLISH
IMPORTANT Before you go:
- Please arrive at the designated meeting point 10 minutes prior to your tour start time. Please note : All latecomers risk missing the tour.
- We ask that all guests bring identification (with age indicated).
- Please do not bring any oversized bags, or personal items larger than a small backpack
- This tour runs everyday rains or shine, please dress accordingly
- This is a tour of the permanent collection only
Meet your guide here!
Meeting Point Information
Meet by the two front doors on the river-side, which is the base of the chimney (outside on the front of the building where the tall tower (chimney) is) 10min before starting time
- Note: In case you have trouble finding the meeting point please contact your guide directly (text, whatsapp or call) an email with their contact details will be sent the night before of the tour