Combo: British Museum + National Gallery of London Guided Tour - Private
Book way in advance - we sell out
- Adult: - €105 - €225
- Youth: - €105 (Ages 10 - 17)
- Child: - €85 (9 and under)
- 5 - 5.5 hours (including a break)
- Meet by the red telephone booth closest to the main gate of British Museum
- Spend your time wisely by discovering two of London’s most important – and popular – museums in the same day.
- This 5-5.5 hour tour will pair you with your very own local guide to spend the day browsing the best that this city has to offer.
- Professional tour guide exclusively for you.
- This tour is in English.
Private Museum Tour
Professional Tour Guide Exclusively For You
Duration 5 - 5.5 Hours (Including A Break)
Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
Full Tour Description
Spend your time wisely by discovering two of London’s most important – and popular – museums in the same day. This 5-5.5 hour private guided museum tour will pair you with your very own local guide to spend the day browsing the best that this city has to offer.
Begin your tour by exploring culture and civilizations through the monumental collection at the British Museum. Your guide will lead you through 6000 years of sculptures, jewelry and artifacts, acting like a living Rosetta Stone to help you understand these pieces – and yes, we’ll see the real Rosetta Stone while we’re at it. Our guides will take a serious but enjoyable approach towards the museum’s galleries, discussing primitive tribes and forgotten empires through a carefully curated selection of exhibits. Discover Samurai armor and centuries’ old Assyrian lion hunt reliefs. You’ll learn about the Mummy of Katebet and the Lewis Chessmen, among other historic objects. Leave the tour with an understanding of what we humans have achieved during our short history and be proud to call yourself a part of this incredible species.
After a break for lunch, learn about the master painters whose names fill the halls of the National Gallery. Instead of wandering aimlessly, let our guides immerse you in the stories and history behind some of the world’s most famous artists. You’ve heard of Van Gogh and da Vinci, but what do you really know about them? Learn about the painters behind the paintings as we browse our favorite works by masters like Botticelli, Monet, Rembrandt, and Vermeer. If none of those names mean anything to you, we’ll make sure that all changes by the end of the tour. The National Gallery houses a collection of paintings from the 1300s onwards, so there is no shortage of choice. View da Vinci’s “The Virgin of the Rocks” before fast-forwarding to Seurat’s “Bathers at Asnières” to witness the changing styles over the centuries. During this private tour, we’ll arm you with the information and history that you’ll need to appreciate the 2300 paintings on display at one of the world’s most visited museums.
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
TOUR IN ENGLISH
IMPORTANT Before you go:
- Please arrive at the designated meeting point 10 minutes prior to your tour start time. Please note : All latecomers risk missing the tour.
- We ask that all guests bring identification (with age indicated).
- Please do not bring any oversized bags, or personal items larger than a small backpack
- This tour runs everyday rains or shine, please dress accordingly
- This is a tour of the permanent collection only
Meet your guide here!
Meeting Point Information
Meet by the red telephone booth closest to the main gate of British Museum (outside the gates of the museum by the red telephone booth situated to the left of the main gates of the museum) 10min before starting time
- Note: In case you have trouble finding the meeting point please contact your guide directly (text, whatsapp or call) an email with their contact details will be sent the night before of the tour
By Car: 51 Great Russell St, London WC1B 3BA, UK